A collective noun is a word used to describe a group of people, animals, or things. When discussing quantity, collective nouns can be particularly useful to convey the idea of a large number or collection as a whole. Here are examples of collective nouns using the word "quantity":
1. Quantity of books: When speaking of a large collection or gathering of books, we can use "quantity." For example, "The library showcased an impressive quantity of rare books from around the world."
2. Quantity of coins: Referring to a considerable number or collection of coins, we can say, "The little boy was delighted to receive a shiny red box filled with a generous quantity of coins for his birthday."
3. Quantity of flowers: This can refer to a significant amount of flowers gathered or presented together. For instance, "The bride decorated the church with a stunning quantity of flowers, embracing nature's beauty and enhancing the ambiance."
4. Quantity of students: When talking about a large group or gathering of students, we can use "quantity" to emphasize the size. For example, "The university boasted a substantial quantity of students, showcasing its prestigious reputation."
5. Quantity of birds: Describing a large flock or assortment of birds can be done using "quantity." For instance, "At sunset, a breathtaking quantity of birds gathered above the lake, creating a mesmerizing display of synchronicity."
6. Quantity of data: Explaining the vast amount or collection of data, we can use "quantity." For example, "The research project involved analyzing a considerable quantity of data, enabling valuable insights into the subject matter."
In these examples, the word "quantity" highlights the substantial number or collection, helping to convey the extent of the group or gathering that the collective noun represents.
A quantity of oysters refers to a grouping or collection of oysters. It denotes a specific numerical quantity or amount of these shellfish. Whether they are freshly harvested from the ocean floor or displayed at a seafood market, a quantity of oysters pre...
"A quantity of oysters was ordered for the seafood party."
A quantity of plastic is a collective noun phrase that alludes to a considerable amount of plastic items gathered or used together. This expression encompasses various forms of synthetic polymers typically utilized in industries, daily life, and consumer ...
"A shocking quantity of plastic is ending up in our oceans, threatening marine life."
Some of these collective noun phrases are traditional, while others showcase a touch of creativity. Choose the one that best fits your narrative or discussion.
Collective Nouns That Start with Q
Since you liked 'Quantity Of Plastic'. you might also enjoy these other collective nouns starting with 'Q'
Do you think you know your collective nouns? Take our fun and educational collective nouns quiz to find out!
Discover fascinating collective nouns for animals, people, things, and more. Challenge your friends and family to see who can score the highest!
Click the button below to start the quiz now!Take the Quiz