Collective nouns are special nouns that are used to describe a group of people, animals, or things. When it comes to tools, there are numerous collective nouns that can be used to describe different groups of tools. These collective nouns help enthusiasts, professionals, and everyday users identify and categorize their extensive collection of implements. Whether you're passionate about woodworking, gardening, or any other hands-on activity, understanding these collective nouns provides a means of efficiently classifying tools based on their function, size, or specific characteristics.
Here are a few examples of collective nouns for tools:
1. Set: This is perhaps the most common collective noun used for tools. A set refers to a group of tools that are sold or used together for a specific purpose. For instance, a set of screwdrivers typically includes various sizes and types ideal for different types of screws or fasteners.
2. Toolkit: Toolkit is a collective noun used for a combination of tools that are generally necessary for a specific task or trade. For instance, a car mechanic may carry a toolkit that includes wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, and other tools commonly used when working on vehicles.
3. Assortment: When a collection of tools contains various items belonging to the same category, they can be referred to as an assortment. For example, an assortment of power tools could consist of a cordless drill, circular saw, jigsaw, and other electrical devices.
4. Array: array is a collective noun used to describe a range or display of tools aligned side by side. It implies an organized presentation or ordered selection of different tool types. An array of tools in a hardware store could include hammers, chisels, wrenches, and a wide variety of other essentials.
5. Kit: A kit usually refers to a compact set of tools packaged together for convenient use or storage. This collective noun is commonly found in projects or hobbies where portability is important, such as art kits, miniature tool kits, and survival kits.
6. Assumption: Though less common, assumption can be used as a collective noun for tools. It denotes tools that may be used or required based on assumptions or predictions about a particular task. For example, if you're planning a woodworking project, your assumption of tools required might include chisels, coping saw, mallet, clamps, and other relevant tools.
These are just a few examples, but the world of collective nouns for tools is vast and can cater to various professions or
An array of tools refers to a collection or assortment of various tools gathered and organized together for a specific purpose or function. This collective noun phrase implies the presence of multiple types of tools, such as hammers, screwdrivers, wrenche...
"The handyman arrived with an array of tools to tackle the home improvement project."
An assortment of tools refers to a varied and diverse collection of different implements and devices intended for manual work or specific tasks. This collective noun phrase encompasses a wide range of tools, each serving a particular purpose, and is often...
"The assortment of tools includes hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers."
A bag of tools is a descriptive collective noun phrase that embodies a collection of various tools contained within a bag or a similar receptacle. This phrase portrays the versatile and indispensable nature of tools and implies that having a bag of tools ...
"The carpenter arrived at the job site with a bag of tools hanging from his shoulder."
A barrel of tools is a colorful and unique collective noun phrase used to describe a group or collection of various types of tools that are typically stored or transported in a barrel or container. The combination of a barrel and tools evokes images of a ...
"The carpenter's workshop was well-equipped with a barrel of tools, neatly organized and ready for use."
A belt of tools refers to a cluster or group of various tools that are commonly worn, carried or used by a craftsperson or tradesperson. Much like a traditional belt is worn around the waist to hold clothing in place, a belt of tools is a collection of es...
"The construction workers carried a belt of tools as they prepared to start repairing the building."
A box of tools is a compact, self-contained assemblage of instruments and implements designed specifically for various tasks and trades. This collective noun phrase alludes to a container traditionally made of sturdy materials such as wood or metal, conta...
"The box of tools spilled open, revealing screwdrivers, wrenches, and hammers of all sizes."
A bundle of tools is a collective noun phrase that represents a plethora or assortment of various instruments or items used for practical purposes, typically associated with manual work, hard labor, or fix-it tasks. This collective noun describes a collec...
"A bundle of tools was scattered on the workbench, each one capable of tackling a different task."
The Cabinet of Tools refers to a comprehensive collection or assortment of Manual Tools that are often organized and stored together in a cabinet or toolbox. A cabinet specifically designated for tools ensures easy accessibility, safety, and quick identif...
"The Cabinet of Tools in the garage was filled with all types of equipment for home repairs and projects."
Cache of Tools is a descriptive collective noun phrase that encapsulates a rich assortment of various implements, devices, and instruments used to aid in the performance of tasks. It brings together a range of tools, carefully organized and stored in a de...
"The carpenter organized the cache of tools meticulously in his workshop."
A cartload of tools is a vivid and apt collective noun phrase that refers to a large quantity or assortment of various implements and equipment typically used for manual or mechanical work. Visualize a sturdy cart brimming with an assortment of handheld t...
"The workers carried a cartload of tools to the construction site."
Some of these collective noun phrases are traditional, while others showcase a touch of creativity. Choose the one that best fits your narrative or discussion.
Do you think you know your collective nouns? Take our fun and educational collective nouns quiz to find out!
Discover fascinating collective nouns for animals, people, things, and more. Challenge your friends and family to see who can score the highest!
Click the button below to start the quiz now!Take the Quiz