Collective nouns refer to groups of things or people, making it easier to describe them as a whole rather than listing each individual item. One example of a collective noun is "tally," which traditionally denotes a count or a reckoning. In this context, the word "tally" can also be used to describe various groupings:
1. A tally of votes: When counting votes during an election or a survey, the collected votes are considered a tally. It represents the collective opinion or decision of a group.
Example: The tally of votes showed that candidate A won by a significant margin.
2. A tally of scores: In sports or games where points are earned, the total accumulation of scores is known as a tally. It reflects the performance or success of the individuals or teams involved.
Example: After an intense match, the tally of scores revealed a tie between the two teams.
3. A tally of employees: In businesses or organizations, the entirety of workers is referred to as a tally. It symbolizes the workforce or personnel collectively.
Example: The tallies of employees included everyone from interns to executives, forming a diverse and efficient team.
4. A tally of trees: When enumerating trees in a forest or counting specific species, the collective term used is a tally. It encompasses and categorizes the various trees present.
Example: During the environmental survey, the biologist conducted a tally of oak trees, which exhibited a steady prevalence in the region.
5. A tally of participants: When organizing events or seminars, the quantity or registration of individuals taking part creates a tally. It indicates the overall involvement and engagement.
Example: To properly manage the conference, a tally of participants was conducted to ensure sufficient resources for everyone.
In essence, the word "tally" provides a collective reference to countable or measurable elements, thus enabling a concise and comprehensive description of groups or totals.
A tally of scores refers to a compilation or summary of individual scores collected over a period of time or from different sources, usually relating to a specific sport or game. It represents a comprehensive account, taking into consideration the perform...
"The tally of scores remains the ultimate tool for determining the winner in a sports competition."
Some of these collective noun phrases are traditional, while others showcase a touch of creativity. Choose the one that best fits your narrative or discussion.
Collective Nouns That Start with T
Since you liked 'Tally Of Scores'. you might also enjoy these other collective nouns starting with 'T'
Do you think you know your collective nouns? Take our fun and educational collective nouns quiz to find out!
Discover fascinating collective nouns for animals, people, things, and more. Challenge your friends and family to see who can score the highest!
Click the button below to start the quiz now!Take the Quiz