Belt is often used in the context of narrow or elongated objects, and it can form part of various collective nouns to describe groups of items, people, or entities sharing a common characteristic or purpose. Here are a few examples of collective nouns involving the word "belt":
1. A Belt of Tools: This collective noun refers to a collection of tools commonly worn around a person's waist. It could typically include equipment like wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, and more.
2. A Belt of Fire: This collective noun describes a series of contiguous regions with notable volcanic or seismic activity. It symbolizes the geographic alignment of such areas across a particular continent or globe, forming what is commonly known as the "Ring of Fire."
3. A Belt of Stars: This collective noun represents clusters or aggregations of stars that form a distinct pattern observable from Earth, commonly referred to as a "stellar belt." Famous examples include the "Orion's Belt" constellation and the celestial grouping associated with the zodiac sign Taurus.
4. A Belt of Pearls: This poetic collective noun is generally employed to describe a series of islands or coastal formations resembling a string of pearls due to their size, shape, or formation, often exemplifying archipelagic settings with closely situated landmasses.
5. A Belt of Missiles: Referring to an assemblage of military weaponry, this collective noun implies a group of missile launchers arranged and deployed in strategic defense or offense positions, aiming to guard certain territories or flex military power.
While collective nouns can come in various forms specific to a given domain or scenario, the mentioned examples involving the word "belt" provide a glimpse into how this word can be employed to describe ensembles, systems, or assortments possessing a similar attribute, character, or purpose.
A belt of aircraft refers to a group or collection of airplanes that forms a continuous or expansive line in the sky. The term belt highlights the arrangement of these aircraft, resembling a flexible strip that extends across the atmospheric expanse. This...
"The belt of aircraft circling the airport created a mesmerizing sight from the ground."
A belt of ammunition is a visually striking collective noun phrase that vividly illustrates a quantity of ammunition organized in a certain manner. Belt refers to a continuous strip of material, conveying a sense of coherence and connection. In this conte...
"The soldiers unloaded a belt of ammunition into the fortified enemy lines."
A belt of animals is a unique and enchanting collection, comprising a group of various animals gathered closely together or appearing to form a belt-like band. This intriguing collective noun evokes imagery of animals embracing ecosystems, corralling thei...
"A belt of animals, comprising various species, roamed freely through the verdant grasslands."
A belt of apple trees is a captivating sight that evokes the charm and beauty of a picturesque countryside. This unique collective noun phrase describes a collection or ensemble of apple trees planted in close proximity to one another, forming a contiguou...
"In the springtime, a beautiful belt of apple trees blossoms along the countryside, painting the landscape with hues of pink and white."
A belt of asteroids refers to a collection of numerous small rocky bodies that orbit the Sun between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter. This region, known as the asteroid belt, is a highly populated zone composed of irregularly shaped objects that range in s...
"A Belt of Asteroids orbits between Mars and Jupiter in our solar system."
A belt of birds is an evocative collective noun phrase used to describe a gathering or grouping of birds in flight, which seems to encircle or form a seamless band in the sky. This soaring spectacle displays an enchanting and mesmerizing scenery, as numer...
"As we walked by the marshland, we were captivated by a belt of birds soaring through the sky."
A belt of black holes refers to a remarkable congregation of these enigmatic cosmic entities, drawn together in close proximity within a confined area of space. The term belt alludes to the arrangement of black holes, positioned in a linearly curved patte...
"Astronomers have discovered a belt of black holes at the center of our galaxy."
A belt of bridges refers to a collective noun phrase used to describe a multitude or group of bridges that are situated closely together or form a continuous series. This term depicts the image of multiple bridges following one another in a horizontal lin...
"The Belt of Bridges in Amsterdam is an impressive sight, connecting various neighborhoods across the city's famous canals."
A belt of buildings refers to a group or collection of interconnected or adjacent buildings that are arranged to form a belt-like formation. This collective noun phrase visually alludes to the concept of buildings encircling or lining up in a continuous m...
"The city's skyline was dominated by a prominent belt of buildings, stretching as far as the eye could see."
A belt of clouds refers to a collective noun phrase that describes a unique and eye-catching natural phenomenon. It is used to depict a wide and continuous formation of clouds that encircles or wraps around a particular region, often resembling a belt or ...
"The pilot gazed out of the cockpit window and marveled at the majestic belt of clouds spread across the horizon."
Some of these collective noun phrases are traditional, while others showcase a touch of creativity. Choose the one that best fits your narrative or discussion.
Collective Nouns That Start with B
Since you liked 'Belt Of Clouds'. you might also enjoy these other collective nouns starting with 'B'
Do you think you know your collective nouns? Take our fun and educational collective nouns quiz to find out!
Discover fascinating collective nouns for animals, people, things, and more. Challenge your friends and family to see who can score the highest!
Click the button below to start the quiz now!Take the Quiz